Sauerkraut officially goes with everything! Add it to tacos and serve with a side of wild rice and beans for a new twist on an old favorite.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1 lb. pulled pork
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- Pinch of oregano
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh, crunchy sauerkraut
- 6-8 corn tortillas (or 4-6 whole wheat tortillas)
- Sour cream
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; sauté until just fragrant. Add the pork carefully. Lower the heat and fry the pork slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, crushed pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over the cooking pork and stir to coat thoroughly. Once the pork is seared in places and hot through, turn off the heat and cover the skillet.
- Prepare the corn tortillas by slathering them with sour cream and then spooning them full of pork. Top with sauerkraut (spicy kraut is a treat on these tacos), and serve hot.