Want to make delicious kefir ice cream, but don't own an ice cream maker? Try our soft-serve method of making ice cream, with all of the goodness of kefir and fruit, and very little added sweetener.
Note: Please exercise caution when consuming raw eggs or products made with raw eggs.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 cups frozen fruit
- 2 raw egg yolks, optional
- 1 1/2-2 cups whole milk kefir
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- The night before, soak walnuts in water with a pinch of salt.
- In the morning, drain walnuts.
- Add kefir to food processor along with honey and egg yolks. Pulse a couple of times to blend. Add walnuts and pulse until roughly chopped. Add frozen fruit and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately as a soft serve “ice cream” or place in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.