Start making yogurt at home. This mild direct-set kosher yogurt starter is easy to use and produces thick, creamy yogurt. Perfect for beginners and busy people alike. Make yogurt when you like and freeze the remaining starter for later.
- Certified Kosher
- Each bottle contains 1¼ teaspoons starter culture.
- Use ⅛ teaspoon with 1-2 quarts of milk. (For larger batches, use ¼ teaspoon with 1-4 gallons milk.)
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- This culture is also suitable for use with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture, no starter to maintain.
- Instructions for using this culture may be found here.
Yogurt is amazingly versatile, and may be used in recipes from smoothies to baked goods.
Yogurt Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting
Kosher Yogurt Starter Ingredients
- Milk, live active cultures (Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Kosher Yogurt Starter Allergen Information
Shipping and Shelf Life Information
Our Kosher Mild Flavor Yogurt Starter Culture is shipped in a polyethylene bottle as a freeze-dried yogurt culture in a dairy carrier. The starter is good:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 3 to 4 weeks
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 6 to 12 months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12+ months
Actual product may differ from image shown above.