Use Crafter's Choice flavor oils to add fragrance to your homemade lip balm, lip gloss, lipstick, or lip butter. From a fresh, crisp apple scent to a warm, cinnamon-filled pumpkin spice fragrance, flavor oils provide oh so many ways to sweeten up homemade lip care!
- 2 fl. oz. bottle
- Warm notes of nutmeg, cinnamon and clove with a touch of sweetness from fresh vanilla bean and creamy fall pumpkin.
- Sweetened with saccharin to further enhance your lip care.
- Flashpoint: 190º F
- Vanilla Content: 0.40% | Phthalate Free
- Please note that flavor oils that contain vanilla or vanillin will change color. The color change can take days, weeks, or months and can vary from a light ivory to dark brown.
Instructions for Using Flavor Oils
Determine the percentage of flavor oil you should use in your product by determining the factors below and using the lowest percentage of the three.
- The maximum amount of flavor oil that your base can accept.
- The maximum IFRA skin safe level of the flavor oil.
- The amount of fragrance that smells good to you in your product (Usage rate for lip balm flavor oils can range from 1-5%)
For instance, if the product base guideline is 10%, the IFRA max use is 20%, and the usage rate is 1-5% you should not use more than 1-5% in your product since 1-5% is the lowest of the maximum guidelines.
To determine the amount of flavor oil you should add to your product, multiply your end product weight by the usage percentage. The resulting number is the weight of the amount flavor oil you should add.
For example, for 8 oz. of lip balm base using a flavor oil at a 3% usage rate: 8 oz. x 0.03 = 0.24 oz. of flavor oil.
Maximum Product Base Guidelines:
Lip Balm, Lip Scrub, Lip Butter, Lip Gloss: 10%
IFRA Maximum Skin Exposure Levels:
Baby: 0.0% | Body Lotion: 0.0% | Body Powder: 0.0% | Body Wash: 0.0% | Deodorant: 0.0%
Face Cream: 0.0% | Lip: 8.9% | Perfume: 0.0% | Soap: 0.0%
Flavor Oil Safety Information
- We recommend wearing gloves and eye protection when handling flavor oils and avoiding prolonged inhalation of oils.
- When using flavor oils in homemade lip products, it's important to allow your melted base to cool to 140º F or below before adding a flavor oil. Flavor oils are combustible, thus should only be added to a melted base once the base has cooled below the flavor oil's flashpoint.
- Not recommended for use by persons with heart conditions or chronic respiratory problems such as asthma, emphysema or obstructive lung disease.
Shelf Life and Storage
- Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame.
- Store in a cool, dark, dry, and secure location.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Use by date printed on packaging.