Pomona's Universal Pectin can be used to thicken jams, jellies, and even yogurt. Pomona's Universal Pectin is a low methoxyl-type pectin derived from citrus peels and pulp. Its jelling power is activated by the calcium naturally present in most fruits, rather than by sugar content.
- Each box includes pectin and a separate packet of monocalcium phosphate to add to jellies or yogurt varieties that are naturally low in calcium.
- One box makes approximately 20 cups of jam
- Can also be used as a gelatin substitute for puddings and glazes.
- Low methoxyl citrus pectin, monocalcium phosphate (packed separately, for making calcium water).
- No sugar, gluten, or preservatives. Vegan product.
Store in a cool dry place.
- View our recipe for making coconut, rice, or soy milk yogurt here.
- View our recipe for making almond milk yogurt here.