The taste of delicious orchard apples, light ad crisp with a juicy apple bite. Enjoy any time, chilled or on ice.
- This ingredient kit makes 6 US Gal (23 L).
- This brewery pouch is divided into two sides: One side contains juice concentrate. The other side contains cider yeast.
- Includes: Cider Yeast (Please note there is no need to purchase extra yeast with this kit)
- Net Weight: 5.3 lb (2.4 kg) | Pouch Dimensions: 8.5 inches wide x 12.5 inches tall
- Manufactured in the UK from local and imported ingredients.
- Please note this is an ingredient kit. Equipment and bottling supplies need to be purchased separately.
Recipe No.1 Apple Cider Details:
- ABV Approx: 5.2% | Style: Sweet | Color Approx: Gold
- Pouch is cold filled to retain the unique flavors.
Additional Equipment and Ingredients Involved in Brewing Apple Cider:
- Required Equipment: 30 L (8 Gallon) Fermenter with Airlock, Hydrometer, Thermometer, Brewer’s Spoon. All essential equipment (not including the bottles) can be found in the Brewcraft USA Homebrewer’s Starter Kit (Deluxe or Standard).
- Required Ingredients: 2.2 lbs (1 kg) Ordinary White Granulated Sugar or Dextrose Brewing Sugar. Please note we offer a non-GMO dextrose option.
- Required Bottling Supplies: Carbonation Drops for priming, 30 x 750 mL bottles (45 x 500 mL bottles OR 65 x 12 fl oz bottles), bottle caps (if using 12 fl oz bottles) and capper (if using 12 fl oz bottles and caps).
Instructions for Opening the Brewery Pouch:
- Be prepared to start brewing once the pouch is opened. (Do not open the pouch until ready to brew.)
- Stand the pouch on a flat surface and carefully cut across the top of the pouch.
- While holding the base to stabilize it, remove the yeast sachet from the 'dry' compartment and set aside.
Instructions for Using Apple Cider Brewery Pouch:
- Step 1: Add fruit concentrate, 1 kg (2.2 lb) of dextrose (or ordinary white granulated sugar) and 3 L (3 quarts) of boiling water to your 30 L (8 Gallon) fermenter. Stir to dissolve
- Step 2: Top up to 23 L (6 Gallons) with cold water, stir in the cider yeast and get a good whiff. That’s what craftsmanship smells like.
- Step 3: Leave to ferment at 64-82° F for 7 days. Pace floor anxiously.
- Step 4: Bottle and mature for 2 weeks before drinking for maximum bragging rights.
Additional manufacturer's instructions included in the brewery pouch.
Storage and Shelf Life Information:
Store under tight ambient conditions, away from sunlight in an upright position.
To learn more about homebrewing, visit our collection of expert advice articles.