INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPROUTING CLOVER SEEDS
- Rinse 2 tablespoons clover seeds, removing any debris or floating matter.
- Place clover seeds in a quart jar or other sprouting container. Add ¼-½ cup cool water, cover with a sprouting screen or mesh sprouting lid and soak 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain all water off the seeds.
- Invert the jar over a bowl at an angle so that the seeds will drain and air will be able to circulate.
- After about 8 hours of draining, rinse and drain again.
- Repeat rinsing and draining 2-3 times daily.
- Tiny sprouts should begin to form in about 3 days. Once sprout tails appear, move sprout container to indirect light for growing green leaves. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Continue rinsing and draining 2-3 times daily for another 2-3 days, or until sprouts have grown to around 3 inches.
- Once sprouts have reach desired length, drain well, remove any remaining hulls, and enjoy immediately or transfer to a covered container.
Sprouts will keep in the refrigerator for several days.