Make a delicious version of this classic family favorite at home with simple ingredients you already have in your pantry! Using cultured dairy as the base will provide nutrition you can’t find in store-bought sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil or butter and sauté onions 10-20 minutes, or until onions have caramelized.
- Add garlic and sauté one more minute.
- Remove from heat and cool onions to room temperature.
- Combine with all other ingredients, adding more salt to taste.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving, stirring before serving if any separation occurs.