This recipe is wonderful for the summer because it doesn’t require baking. Cold and refreshing, this tart treat is a wonderful summertime dessert.
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (for crust)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar (for crust)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut butter (for crust)
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt cheese (for filling)
- 1 cup powdered sugar or other light-colored sugar (for filling)
- 1 small lemon (for filling)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (for filling)
- In a small bowl, toss the chopped nuts, sugar, and melted butter or oil until crumbly. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Grate the entire lemon peel, and then juice the lemon. Add both the zest and juice to the yogurt cheese and sugar.
- Crush half of the raspberries and add them and their juice to the yogurt cheese mixture. Mix very well.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and fill with the yogurt cheese mixture. Place the remaining raspberries on top of the cheesecake.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight. The cheesecake can be chilled in this manner for up to two days.