Mast va Khiar is a tasty dip originating in Iran. Also known asPersian yogurt and cucumbers, it make a quick and easy snack for parties.
- 1 cucumber, large, shredded
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- Dill or cilantro for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Place in a freezer-safe container, cover, and place in the freezer.
- Take out of the freezer and stir every 10 minutes for about an hour. Do not allow the mixture to freeze solid.
- The Mast Va Khiar is ready when ice crystals just start to form.