WHEY ICE CUBESIf you’re looking for an easy way to introduce probiotics to your smoothie, consider freezing leftover whey into ice cubes. Those ice cubes can later be blended with fruit, juice, more cultured dairy, or other flavorings, for a delicious, probiotic-rich smoothie.
Smoothie Recipes Using Whey Ice CubesUse whey ice cubes in a smoothie with this very simple recipe formula:
- 4 cups liquid (milk, juice, water, dairy-free milk, or any combination)
- 10-12 whey ice cubes
- Fresh fruit
- Sweeteners to taste
- Pour liquid into blender.
- Add ice cubes and pulse a few times or until ice has been broken up a bit.
- Add fruit and flavorings and blend until completely smooth.
What’s So Great About Whey?
Whey that comes from a cultured dairy product contains all sorts of great stuff, like…
- Organisms that ease digestion
- Trace minerals
Whey has been used in historical times to preserve food, heal stomach aches, and even nourish the convalescing.
So why not freeze up that extra whey for a probiotic-rich smoothie any time?
Ready to Learn More?