This amazing non-dairy milk recipe is satisfying and less expensive than using nuts. Try this recipe for drinking, making smoothies, or culturing.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2-3 cups water for soaking sunflower seeds
- 4 cups water for blending
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Soak sunflower seeds in 2-3 cups water overnight.
- Drain and discard water.
- Blend nuts with 4 cups water until smooth.
- Strain the blended nut mixture using butter muslin or a nut milk bag. A tight-weave cloth is preferable, as twisting the top tightly allows more milk to drain through.
- Refrigerate. The milk will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.