This refreshing soup is wonderful on a hot summer afternoon and pairs well with thick ham sandwiches.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups plain, fresh Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 small green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt and white pepper
- Finely dice 1/2 cup of the cucumber, and cover tightly. Store in the refrigerator to use for garnish later. Coarsely chop the remaining cucumber.
- Blend together the chopped cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon, and a scant 1/4 cup olive oil until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a tightly-closed container and refrigerate the soup for 8-10 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, taste and season the soup again. Pour into chilled bowls and garnish with the diced cucumber, red onion, and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.