Water kefir lemonade is one of the easiest water kefir flavor creations! Whether you decide to use freshly squeezed lemon juice or a store-bought variety, adding lemon juice is a simple way to give a citrusy kick to your water kefir. Once mixed, you can drink it right away or let it sit in the fridge for a few days to let the flavor develop. Looking for a healthier soda alternative for kids? Bottle the water kefir lemonade and let is sit at room temperature for a few days to add a slight fizziness.
- 4-6 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 quart Water Kefir
- Add the lemon juice to the water kefir and stir to combine.
- Consume immediately or refrigerate.
- If a slightly carbonated beverage is desired, bottle the mixture in airtight bottles; Leave the bottles at room temperature for 24-72 hours before refrigerating.
Be Careful Opening The Bottle!
Use caution when opening the bottles, as the contents may be under pressure. We recommend placing a towel over the top of the bottle and keeping downward pressure on the top as you slowly release the seal.
Ready to Learn More?
- Water Kefir FAQ
- How to Make Water Kefir (VIDEO)
- Apple “Cider” Water Kefir
- Mojito-flavored Water Kefir
- Orange-Pineapple Water Kefir