Thick, tangy, sweet, and pungent is everything you want in a honey mustard dressing. It makes salads pop and brightens a vegetable crudité platter. This version uses water kefir, a probiotic-rich lacto-fermented beverage, which adds a touch of sweet, a hint of tang, and a bunch of probiotics. Use lacto-fermented mustard, raw honey, and raw apple cider vinegar for an enzyme-rich dressing.
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed to a pourable consistency
- 2 Tbsp. water kefir (still slightly sweet)
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (or lacto-fermented mustard)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a pint jar and shake well. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve right away, or allow to sit at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.