The sweet, juicy flavors of pineapple lend a tantalizing flavor to water kefir. The end result is carbonated, slightly sweet, and strongly or lightly flavored with pineapple, depending on the method you choose.
- 3 ½ cups water kefir
- ½ cup pineapple juice or several chunks of pineapple fruit or the rind of a whole pineapple
- Remove grains from finished water kefir.
- Combine water kefir and pineapple ingredient of choice in airtight bottles leaving 1-2 inches headspace in each bottle.
- Cap tightly and ferment 24-72 hours, depending on the temperature in your home and the activity of your water kefir. If using fresh pineapple or pineapple rind, remove fruit every 24 hours and add more fresh fruit.
- To serve, either chill or strain out the fruit or rind and serve chilled or over ice.