While water kefir makes a delicious probiotic beverage, it also makes a great base for gelatin desserts. The probiotic power and delicious flavor of water kefir mixed with fruit give you a gelatin dessert you can happily serve your whole family.
- 3 cups water kefir
- 1 cup grape juice
- 5 Tbsp. gelatin powder
- 2 medium plums, sliced thinly
- Combine water kefir and grape juice. Pour half the mixture into a small sauce pan. Sprinkle gelatin powder over the top and heat over very low heat until just barely warm, in order to dissolve the gelatin powder.
- Meanwhile, slice the plums and place in the bottom of a large glass bowl.
- Once the gelatin begins to dissolve, remove from heat and whisk well, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan for any remaining gelatin powder.
- Once the gelatin is completely dissolved, combine it with the remaining kefir-juice mixture. Pour over sliced plums, move them around to evenly distribute, then place immediately in the refrigerator to chill for 4-8 hours.