In our hectic lifestyle, this recipe will make a great breakfast on the go or snack between meals. I made the vegan yogurt with coconut milk from Trader Joes that comes in a can but also carton coconut milks work fairly well. It is a bonus that this recipe is vegan, dairy free and gluten free so it will accommodate many diets! Here is the recipe for Vegan Yogurt tried and true! Once your vegan yogurt is complete, refrigerated and ready to go, here is the recipe for Chia Yogurt Pudding:
- 4 Tbs. Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Coconut Yogurt
- ¼ cup Fruit of Choice
- 3 Tbs. Chopped nuts or roasted coconut flakes for topping
- 1 Tbs. Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl mix your coconut yogurt and chia seeds together
- Let soak for 10-20 minutes
- If desired, layer your fruit and yogurt in a small mason jar.
- Place nuts or coconut flakes on top
- (Optional) Drizzle honey or maple syrup over the top
The jars will keep nicely in the fridge for 2-3 days. Enjoy!