If you're like many busy people, you'll agree that the Instant Pot is a game changer in the kitchen. With a touch of a button, dinner is on the table! The best thing about making yogurt in your Instant Pot is that it can pasteurize the milk and also incubate it, meaning fewer dishes a simplified process!
- 1-2 quarts Pasteurized or raw milk (not ultra-pasteurized)
- 1 packet Mild or Traditional Flavor Yogurt Starter
- Pour 1-2 quarts of milk into your Instant Pot.
- Turn the valve to the “pressure” setting.
- Hit the “YOGURT” button until it says “BOIL” and wait until the boil phase is complete.
- Release the pressure valve (either quick or natural release is ok).
- Open the Instant Pot.
- Cool your milk to 115 degrees (life hack - stir the milk with a frozen water bottle to expedite the process)
- Add 1 yogurt packet into the yogurt maker and stir thoroughly.
- Hit the “YOGURT” button again until it says 8 hours.
- Check frequently between hours 5 & 8 by tilting the pot gently. Once the yogurt moves away from the side of the pot in one mass instead of running up the side, it is finished culturing.
- Once the yogurt has set, cover it and allow it to cool for 2 hours at room temperature to help it set.
- After 2 hours, transfer to a different container if desired and refrigerate the yogurt for at least 6 hours before consuming for the best set.