Sugar cookies are super easy to make and so tasty with a glass of cold milk! Try this variation using the sprouted flour of your choice.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted spelt, wheat, or rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. If dough is dry add 1 tablespoon of water at a time and blend well until you get a dough that holds together well, but is not wet or sticky.
- Chill dough at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Cut into shapes or rounds. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.