Combining the fresh flavors of Greece with sprouted garbanzo beans creates a smooth, fresh, and filling soup.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh sprouted garbanzo beans
- 2 tsp. minced fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Place a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion and saute 5-7 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour in chicken broth; add garbanzo beans. Bring to a simmer, turn down, and cover. Cook 1-2 hours or until sprouted garbanzos are tender.
- Stir in the oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Blend in the pot using an immersion blender or blend very carefully in batches in a blender.
- Serve hot.