The flavors of sweet, salty, sour and a bit of spice combine to make this a dish that will soon become a family favorite!
- 1/3 cup organic sugar (or equivalent sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 cubes sufu
- 1 egg
- 2 Lbs. boneless chicken or pork, cut into 1-2” pieces
- Rice or all-purpose wheat flour for dredging
- Oil for frying
- Add sugar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sufu, and egg to a mixing bowl; whisk to combine.
- Mix in meat and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oil to 350°F. Drain marinade from meat. Dredge meat in flour. Fry in small batches until meat is cooked through.
- Drain on a cooling rack or absorbent paper and serve.