These waffles are made swiftly with that “throwaway” starter and rich sour cream. Tangy and slightly sweet, these waffles will be a hit in the kitchen for their simplicity, and at the table for their flavor.
Double the recipe for frozen waffles.
- Preheat waffle maker as directed by the manufacturer.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in starter, vanilla, sour cream, melted butter, and honey.
- In a separate small bowl stir together baking powder, sea salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until combined.
- Grease or butter waffle maker, if necessary, and pour in batter and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.