Here is a twist on the traditional peanut butter cookies using your homemade sourdough starter. A fun addition might be forming the balls and placing a chocolate "kiss" in the center just before baking.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup rapadura or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, plus more if needed to make formable dough
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 to 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or cardamom (optional)
- Mix sourdough starter, peanut butter, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to sourdough mixture, adding a little more flour if needed to form balls.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spice, if using.
- Form into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.