Making pancakes is a great way to use extra sourdough starter.
- 2 cups fresh sourdough starter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk, coconut milk, or water
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Mix together sourdough starter, egg, sugar, oil and baking soda.
- Add milk, coconut milk, or water to thin the batter to a pancake batter consistency. Begin with 2 tablespoons liquid and add more as needed, based on the consistency of your sourdough starter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Melt a slice of butter or coconut oil on the griddle. Once the griddle is hot, add ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until golden brown; flip and cook the other side.
For more Sourdough Pancake Recipes, check out our complete list, including gluten-free sourdough pancakes and other sourdough breakfast recipes.