This fruit-laden cobbler is sure to please any palate! Adding sourdough to this dessert will give it a special taste that is sure to make it a favorite at all your holiday get-togethers. Try topping it with some homemade cultured cream for an extra probiotic kick!
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 to 4 cups fresh fruit (peach, plum, berries or mix of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp. butter to put on the fruit
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. rapadura or organic sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter for crust
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- Dash of cinnamon, cardamom, or pie spice (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch and gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
- Slowly fold in the fruit.
- Pour into an 8-inch baking dish or equivalent. Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, cardamom, or pie spice.
- Measure flour into a bowl and stir in sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture looks like meal.
- Stir in milk and sourdough starter. Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Pour over or drop by spoonfuls over the hot fruit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, fresh cream, or whipped cream.