- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup rapadura or Sucanat
- 3/4 cup cane juice crystals
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 to 2 cups organic chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and egg.
- Mix in the sourdough starter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients. (Careful not to over-mix!) Incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes. Shape the dough into small balls (2 tsp. per cookie). Flatten and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.