These easy soft sugar cookies are a great way to use up extra or discarded sourdough starter. Add cinnamon or any other spices to the topping, for a variety of flavors!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups rapadura or Sucanat
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Gently mix in the water and sourdough starter. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Drop the dough onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cookies with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
- Bake 12 minutes.