These crepes are thin, slightly tangy, and perfect when filled with sweet or savory fillings. They are also wheat-free and make good use of that discarded sourdough starter. A crepe pan can be used for cooking, but is not necessary; a cast-iron skillet or griddle also works well.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; whisk in the starter and sea salt.
- Once cooking pan is up to temperature, melt 1 Tbsp. butter in the pan and roll to coat pan evenly.
- Scoop a ladle halfway full with batter and pour slowly into center of pan. Quickly use the back of the ladle to swirl the batter outward in a clockwise circle, or swirl the pan quickly after pouring in the batter. The goal is to make the crepe as thin as possible while keeping it from tearing.
- Cook just until it looks set, flip, and cook 1 more minute.
- Remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.