With a wintery fragrance and slight minty hue, this body butter makes a lovely wintertime gift. Choose from one of the essential oil blends below, or create your own seasonal blend!
Essential Oil Combinations to Try:
You'll Also Need:
- Stand mixer with whisk attachment or immersion blender
- Clean, airtight jars or containers
- Measure out cocoa butter and coconut oil and heat gently in a double boiler over low heat, stirring until it is smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes before stirring in hemp oil and essential oils.
- Cover and freeze for 20 minutes, or until it is just beginning to solidify.
- Remove from freezer and whip using a stand mixer with whisk attachment or immersion blender.
- Whip until you achieve the consistency desired. If mixture won’t whip or stay whipped, return it to freezer for 10-20 minutes, and then try again.
- Spoon into clean, airtight jars or containers.
To Use: Using a clean spoon, scoop out body butter from container and spread liberally.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Body butter should be stored in refrigerator if room temperature exceeds 75 degrees.
- Store away from direct sunlight to maximize essential oil shelf life.
- Body butter is best used within 3 months. Consult these safety tips to help determine when it has reached its shelf life.