Sun exposure, pollution, and stress can all wreak havoc on the skin. Whip up a batch of this fluffy body butter to give your skin a hand against free radicals with antioxidant-rich green tea.
- Add coconut oil and green tea to the top of a double boiler (Click here to learn how to make and use a double boiler).
- Heat on very low heat for 1 hour to allow green tea to infuse into the oil.
- Pour infused oil through a cheesecloth to strain out tea leaves, then return to heat.
- Add shea butter and heat gently until melted.
- Turn off heat and add vitamin E oil.
- Place bowl in refrigerator to cool and re-solidify. (This should take about 30-40 minutes).
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip butter until light and fluffy. (If it is not cool enough it will not fluff up as well).
- Scoop body butter into clean container and cap tightly.
How To Use:
- Use liberally on hands, feet and body. Always use clean hands or a clean spoon to scoop out body butter to prevent introduction of bacteria.
Shelf Life and Storage Information: Body Butter should last 6 months to a year if stored tightly capped in a cool, dry place. Butter will lose whipped consistency if kept too warm.