Castor oil comes from the castor seed and has been traditionally used in India, China and ancient Egypt for thousands of years to promote health and healing. Using this hot pack method allows your body to relax and deeply absorb the therapeutic properties of castor oil.
- 3 pieces of flannel, approx 10x10 inches each
- Plastic wrap
- Heating pad, hot water bottle or rice heating pad
- Old towel
- 4 ounces Castor oil
- Fold flannel pieces and place them in a quart sized jar. Add castor oil to flannel until they are saturated but not dripping. It will take approximately 4 ounces of oil.
- Lie down on towel and place flannel pieces over abdomen, or other area of the body.
- Cover the flannel pieces with plastic wrap to keep heating pad free of oil, and place heating pad over the plastic wrap.
- Heat area for 30 minutes to an hour at a warm, comfortable heat and relax.
- After the desired time, remove the plastic and return the flannel to the jar and seal.
- Wash skin with soap and water to remove oil when finished.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Store used flannel pieces in the sealed jar or a ziploc bag in the fridge for reuse.
- Flannel pieces can be reused 20-30 times, adding oil as needed with each use to maintain saturation.
- Clothes should be discarded once they begin to change color or odor.
- Castor oil lasts about 5 years.