Effervescent and fragrant, these bath bombs are a perfect gift for all the bath lovers on your list! All it takes is a little mixing, spritzing and pressing into the molds of your choice, and you’ll have dozens of colorful treats for stocking stuffers or gift baskets. They are also fun to make with kids!
- Baking molds (silicone are best)
- Spray bottle
Essential Oil and Color Combinations to Try:
Note: To create a full rainbow, make up a batch of each color and mix and match to create several gifts, or make with friends and swap colors.
- Combine dry ingredients (baking soda, corn starch, citric acid) and mix well.
- Fill a small spritzer bottle with water and add food coloring and essential oil of choice to bottle.
- Spritz your dry mixture to moisten, and stir slowly so it doesn’t fizz too much. Mixture is ready for molds once it can be tightly packed and shaped.
- Pack mixture firmly into baking molds. (Molds can be purchased in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Silicone molds make for easiest removal).
- Let shapes harden for several hours in a cool, dry place then carefully pop shapes out of molds.