Try this festive recipe for a fluffy, skin nurturing body butter. Peppermint and cinnamon essential oils not only lend a seasonal fragrance, but will soothe and relieve tired, sore muscles.
- Combine mango butter, coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler over low heat to melt and stir occasionally with whisk.
- Turn off heat and add glycerin, vitamin E oil, and essential oils.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for approximately an hour, or until mixture begins to solidify.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, or an immersion blender, beat the ingredients on low speed. Switch to medium speed until mixture is fluffy. If butter is difficult to mix, return bowl to refrigerator for ½ hour, then mix again.
- Scrape body butter into an airtight container.
Always use clean hands or a clean spoon to scoop out body butter, to prevent the introduction of foreign bacteria.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Store body butter in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Product should last for one month.
- Follow these safety tips to determine if your product has reached its shelf life.