Pamper your skin this summer with homemade sunblock, containing all natural ingredients. Add a few drops of essential oil, if you like, to personalize your product.
- Add all ingredients through beeswax to the top of a double boiler. Melt and stir gently to combine.
- Remove mixture from heat and cool; add zinc oxide and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Whip with electric mixer and drizzle in carrot seed oil. Add essential oils if desired. Transfer to a tightly sealed jar.
- Store in refrigerator long term. Transfer small amounts to a smaller container for daily use. Sunblock softens at room temperature.
If adding essential oils, be sure to read our essential oil safety guidelines. Some citrus oils are photosensitive and unsafe to use on your skin when exposed to sunlight.