A dry shampoo is a powdered product that can be used to “wash” your hair in between soap-and-water washings. While it doesn’t technically wash the hair in the true sense, it does help to absorb oils and give hair lift and body. The basic recipe works best for light hair so if utilizing this recipe on brown, black, or red hair be sure to add the optional ingredients as needed.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, working out any lumps created by the essential oil.
- Transfer to an old sugar, salt, or parmesan cheese shaker.
How to Use Dry Shampoo:
- Sprinkle directly onto roots either by shaking it from the jar or sprinkling it on with your fingers.
- Rub into various areas of the scalp.
- Brush it through the hair to disperse evenly.