Charcoal and Fuller’s Earth clay are both renowned home remedies for bug bites, bee stings and splinters. This recipe combines the two ingredients with the healing properties of calendula oil for a concentrated and effective drawing salve.
Ingredients for Infused Oil:
Instructions to Make Infused Oil:
- Gently melt beeswax granules using a double boiler. (Click here to learn How to Make and Use a Double Boiler). For less clean-up, use the container you plan to store salve in, if it is heat safe and allows room to stir ingredients.
- Add 1/4 cup of calendula-infused oil to the melted beeswax and stir.
- Add the charcoal and clay to the beeswax-oil mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils if desired.
- Pour into airtight container to let cool and set.
- Apply salve directly to bee sting, splinter or bug bite.
- Cover with a band aid, as the salve may stain.
- Repeat application as needed.
Shelf Life and Storage Information: Botanical ingredients lose potency over time. For best results, store salve in a cool, dark place and use within 3-6 months.