This cool, creamy fruit salad is an excellent tonic to a warm day. It is best served slightly cool, but it is also delicious at room temperature if it is a last-minute addition to the meal.
Serve this with brunch alongside the usual eggs and bacon. Or, turn it into dessert after a rich or spicy meal.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 2 bananas
- 2 apples
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups plain full-fat milk kefir
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried spearmint (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint)
- Peel, seed, and dice cantaloupe into bite-size chunks.
- Peel bananas and halve lengthwise. Dice into chunks.
- Cut apples around the core and dice into bite-size chunks.
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl. Add kefir and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, salt, and mint over the mixture. Mix well.
- Chill and serve cold, or serve immediately at room temperature.