Smoothies are a great way to combine cultured dairy kefir with just about any nutritious food. Using a combination of fresh and frozen fruit creates a thick, ice-cold texture without watering the smoothie down with ice. Use the basic smoothie formula and then move onto the many delicious combinations found below.
- 1 cup milk kefir
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- Sweetener as desired
- Add-ins: powdered herbs or seaweeds, chia or flax seeds, flax or cod liver oil
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Add other ingredients from the list below, as desired.
- Refrigerate or enjoy immediately.
Kefir Smoothie Flavor Combinations:
- Peanut Butter-Banana: Use 1 banana and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- Blackberry-Mango: Use frozen blackberries and fresh mango for a sweet-tart tropical spin.
- Strawberry-Banana: Use 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and one ripe banana.
- Cherry-Berry: Use 1/2 cup frozen cherries and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries.
- Peachy-Ginger: Use a combination of fresh and frozen peaches and add a pinch of dried ginger powder or a minced slice of fresh ginger.