Use this versatile recipe to dress a salad or use as a sauce on vegetables or meat. The cultured dairy and herbs blend together for a delicious addition to nearly any dish.
- 1 cup strained dairy kefir (consistency of yogurt)
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably lacto-fermented)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chives, minced
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- ½ tsp. fresh tarragon, minced or 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. paprika
- Whisk strained kefir, cultured buttermilk, and mayonnaise together until smooth.
- Combine with other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours prior to serving, to allow flavors to meld.