- 1 pound whole green jalapeños, washed, tops cut off, cut horizontally into rounds.
- 4 to 5 clean pint jars, with lids and bands, sterilized and drained
- Medium fermenting brine (about 1-1/2 Tbsp. salt in a quart of water)
- Kombucha or raw apple cider vinegar
- Clean 4 or 5 pint jars and rinse thoroughly.
- Fill the jars with peppers, up to 1-1/2 inches below the rim of the jar. Wipe the rims of all the jars with a paper towel.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. of the kombucha or vinegar into each jar. Fill the remaining space in the jars with the brine, coming up to 1 inch away from the rims.
- Screw the lids and bands onto the filled jars, and set them in a cool place away from drafts and direct sunlight. Burp them once a day for the first week, once every other day for the second week, then once at the end of the third week.
Once they have reached your preferred level of fermentation, screw the lids on tightly and place the jars into a root cellar or refrigerator until you are ready to use them.