Every time I hear about a new and different culturing project, I simply must try it! Especially when it promises such easy and delicious recipes such as this one!
You have probably heard of Beet Kvass, which is one of my favorite all time drinks. But have you heard of Fruit Kvass? My kiddos don’t love Beet Kvass, but Fruit Kvass is perfect for their little palates.
This is an easy and super delicious recipe, I hope you try it! I used apples, raisins and cinnamon.
- Enough fruit , herbs, and spices (chopped or sliced) to fill 1/4 of a jar
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 inch of ginger, freshly grated
- Enough filtered water to fill jar
- 1/4 cup whey or culture starter (optional)
- Add all your ingredients to your jar. Cover with water and shake it up to mix the honey, ginger and fruit together.
- Cover tightly and let it sit on the counter for 2-7 days.
- You should start to see bubbles after 24 hours and you may want to burp your brew every day to make sure your bottle doesn’t explode.
- When your fruit looks cooked and your brew is bubbly, strain out the fruit and bottle your kvass. You can leave it in an airtight bottle on the counter for another 1-3 days to build up more carbonation, or just stick it in the fridge and enjoy!