Delicious with turkey, ham, or chicken! You’ll want this all year long, not just during the holidays, so be sure to freeze some extra cranberries for later.
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Granny Smith or Fuji apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup dates, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup whey or water kefir
- Combine all ingredients except whey or water kefir in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, sterilize four 8-ounce jars.
- When chutney is cool, divide among jars, leaving 1 to 2 inches headroom.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of whey or water kefir into each jar and cap securely. Ferment at room temperature for 2 days before refrigerating.