With this recipe, you can make that weird, wonderful fermented beverage with chia seeds, just like the commercial varieties, but at a fraction of the cost. There are two ways to enhance your kombucha with chia seeds - with dry chia seeds or with chia seeds in gel form. Choose whichever recipe fits your schedule and enjoy the delicious, fermented kombucha with.
KOMBUCHA WITH CHIA SEEDS RECIPEThis method takes a bit longer than using the chia seed gel recipe (below).
- Combine chia seeds and kombucha in a jar, mixing well.
- Stir gently at 10 minute intervals.
- When gelled to desired consistency, enjoy immmediately or refrigerate.
KOMBUCHA WITH CHIA SEED GEL RECIPE
Make chia gel ahead of time, and keep in your fridge to be used when needed.
- Heat the water until just warmer than tepid.
- Add chia seeds, stirring well.
- Gently stir every 5 minutes, for 10-15 minutes.
- When fully gelled, ensure temperature of gel is not above 85ºF.
- Mix with kombucha.
- Drink right away or refrigerate.