Italian dressing, sharp with vinegar and spiked with all sorts of dried herbs, is an all-time classic. Make it with kombucha vinegar as a base, for a cultured twist.
If your kombucha does not smack of vinegar, replace ¼ cup of the kombucha with raw apple cider vinegar and omit the honey.
- 1 cup kombucha (fermented to a vinegar taste)
- 1½ cups olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1½ Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a quart-sized jar. Cover and shake until everything is well combined.
- The oil and kombucha vinegar will probably separate after it sits for some time, so give it a shake before pouring.