These crepes are a great way to use “discarded” gluten-free sourdough starter. Set your starter to be fed first thing in the morning and wow your family with this recipe for tender, gluten-free crepes that can be filled with sweet or savory fillings.
- 2 cups gluten-free sourdough starter
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter, plus more for cooking
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Combine the gluten-free sourdough starter, eggs, melted butter, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk well to completely combine.
- Preheat a 10 inch cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add a small sliver of butter to the pan and allow to melt. Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter into the pan, or enough to thinly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Using a hot pad or oven glove, immediately swirl the pan to allow the batter to evenly spread into a circular shape.
- Cook crepe for 2 minutes on the first side and then carefully flip. Cook an additional 30-60 seconds or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer crepe to a platter and repeat with remaining batter, being sure to butter pan between each crepe.