This recipe is quick and easy, and it’s great to have a batch of these scrumptious muffins on hand for busy mornings.
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup thin sour cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1-1/2 cup raw cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash and chop cranberries. Set aside.
- Grease muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, oil and cranberries.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Scoop 1 cup batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center muffin comes out clean, and the muffins are golden brown on top.
- Serve piping hot with butter, or chill for a grab-and-go breakfast.