Crème fraîche provides the perfect complement to savory herbed potatoes. Make enough so everyone can have second helpings!
- Boil potatoes in just enough water to cover until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add butter.
- Mash the potatoes together just a bit to blend the butter. Leave some large chunks.
- Add green onion, salt, basil, and garlic powder to taste, stirring them in gently with the spoon.
- Pour in the crème fraîche, stirring and blending as you pour.
- Top with pepper and more butter, if desired. Serve warm.