One of the best things about ice cream is how rich and creamy it is. This recipe, with three different creams, makes a frozen treat that can’t be beat.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler over low heat. Once it has fully melted, turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly at room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until it is soft and smooth, then slowly add the sugar, beating after each addition. Next, beat in the sour cream, chocolate, and heavy cream.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice to the cream mixture and beat until thick and smooth.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before making ice cream.
- When the mixture has cooled, pour it into a crank freezer or electric ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- No ice cream maker? Choose an option in our article on How to Make Cultured Ice Cream Without a Machine.