This devilishly delicious recipe will put a smile on the faces of the entire breakfast crowd.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cultured buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Oil or butter, for cooking
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, eggs, honey, and melted butter.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients; blend together with a wooden spoon to create a thick but smooth batter.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas; mix in pecans. Fold this mixture into the batter.
- Brush a skillet with butter or oil and heat to the point where a droplet of water sizzles when cast across the surface.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake and cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve piping hot with butter, syrup, honey or preserves.